Re: NetBSD 6 upgrade removes pty files, causing issues with inferior processes in emacs

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:09:38AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:59:26AM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> > I guess it needs to attempt to open /dev/pts/N (being the "correct"
> > way to do this I asked about)?  That, it doesn't do according to a
> > ktrace.
>
> I would expect it to use openpty(3) and friends - which emacs version
> are you using exactly? Is it from pkgsrc?

It's emacs 24.2nb2, installed using pkgin from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$arch/6.0/All
(arch being amd64)

I've also built it from pkgsrc manually on my other machine, it's
the same version I think.  In any case, I built it a couple days ago,
with a fresh checkout of pkgsrc-current so it's fairly recent.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx