Invoking bc with defaults

Some simple things often turn out being quite difficult.

I want to use %bc for basic calculations, mostly financial stuff. This
requires a fixed comma like 120.50

Precision should be four after the comma, but floating point would be
quite acceptable too. The only thing I found is the option scale=4 - but
I have to type it in every time after invoking bc.

And at last - there doesnt seem to be an option for .bc or .bc.conf or
anything. Is there any method to invoke bc with some settings?

Are there any command line alternatives what suit better to my demand?

Thanks for all ideas.
herb langhans