Re: Can't build 5.1.2 kernel

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:35:32 -0500 (EST)
Al <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost> wrote:

> So far I am very frustrated with the upgrade. I can not use anonCVS
> successfully at home because I use a cable modem and even downloading
> a tar ball is slow and may take me several days before I can do it
> successfully.

But this is not NetBSD's fault? ;)

> On the system that I have colocated I can not use
> anonCVS or untar more than one file at a time without it crashing.
> This has made progress very slow.

You are talking about your NetBSD/amiga system crashing?
I'm sure that cvs and tar work fine. Maybe it is caused by aged hardware.
Or provide a core dump.

> Here is my kernel config:
> [...]

Ok, thanks. I can reproduce the problem.

There is a bug in machdep.c, when you have ksyms in your config file, but
neither DDB or LKM. So you have two options:

1. Change your config file and disable ksyms, or enable DDB or LKM.
2. Fix sys/arch/amiga/amiga/machdep.c, simply by removing the #if and
   #endif around this part:
#if defined(DDB) && defined(__ELF__)
#include <sys/exec_elf.h>
#endif