Re: UDP Lite Support on NetBSD 6.0

Hi,

In message
<1351867142.10670.YahooMailNeo%web5708.biz.mail.ne1.yahoo.com@localhost>
        on Fri, 2 Nov 2012 07:39:02 -0700 (PDT),
        Anindya Dutta <anindya_dutta%polarisnetworks.net@localhost> wrote:
> I am trying to implement UDPLITE on NetBSD 6.0. However, I could not
> find the supported protocol type (IPPROTO_UDPLITE) in the socket.h
> header file.
IPPROTO_UDPLITE should be added to <netinet/in.h>...

> We have tried the following implementation,
>
> #define IPPROTO_UDPLITE       136
> #define SOL_UDPLITE           136
> #define UDPLITE_SEND_CSCOV     10
> #define UDPLITE_RECV_CSCOV     11
You have to add implementation of UDP-lite protocol support to kernel.

It looks like that you are trying to *use* UDP-lite with assumption
that it were implemented in NetBSD kernel.

> s = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDPLITE);
> I am getting an error "Bad File Descriptor".
If the code is really you have quoted, you must check return value of
socket() first.

> My question is whether UDP Lite is supported in NetBSD 6.0 Beta ?
No.  UDP-Lite is similar but different protocol from UDP.  To use
UDP-Lite on NetBSD, someone implement UDP-Lite support to kernel.

Best regards.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca%back-street.net@localhost>