Re: USB stick not recognized Re: Do you advise me to adopt NetBSD?

* Aleksej Saushev ( wrote:
> Pongthep Kulkrisada <> writes:
> > * herbert langhans ( wrote:
> >> These patches are already a part of NetBSD 6.0, of course. Nothing to
> >> worry about!
> > Yes you are right.
> > I have tried my new Kingston usb stick. It works well with NetBSD 6.0_RC2.
> > Only my Verico usb 2.0 stick is not recognized.
> Details?
I simply plug it (Verico USB 2.0); I got the followings.

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Generic Mass Storage, rev 2.00/1.01, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun failed: TIMEOUT
umass0: unable to get Max Lun: TIMEOUT

It can be mounted r/w on FreeBSD 7+.
But I just cannot mount it on NetBSD.

pongthep@netbsd:~% uname -a
NetBSD netbsd.localdomain 6.0_RC2 NetBSD 6.0_RC2 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Sep 19
19:46:32 ICT 2012
root@netbsd.localdomain:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

Pongthep Kulkrisada
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie