Re: ugly font when printing from firefox

On Mon 01 Oct 2012 at 20:08:36 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   [firefox bitmap-ish fonts]
>
> I did not figure it out.  But I think it's not about the code, but
> about font config and caching.

I have put in some configuration to disable bitmap fonts, when used via
fontconfig at least. Unfortunately the base system and pkgsrc both have
their own copy of fontconfig and their own configuration files...

Without it, a common font like "Times" comes out as a bitmap font.

I put this

    <selectfont>
        <rejectfont>
            <pattern>
                <patelt name="antialias">
                    <bool>false</bool>
                </patelt>
            </pattern>
        </rejectfont>
    </selectfont>

in

/usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/local.conf

and enabled

/etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf

which I now notice isn't exacly the same.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor