ugly font when printing from firefox

I've a problem with firefox which I suspect is related to fonts.
When printing a page (either to a ps or pdf file, or a real postscript printer)
the result is ugly: the font looks like a bitmap which have been badly scaled.
printing the same page, using the same profile, from a firefox running
on a scientific linux 6 produce the expected pretty result
(and example page is from put some item in your
basket, view the basket and try to print the page).

Any idea what could cause this ? some missing compile option, or
some missing font ? I'm running native xorg with the default font

Manuel Bouyer <>