Re: inconsistent pkgdb during upgrade

Pongthep Kulkrisada wrote:
* Riccardo Mottola ( wrote:
Is there something "more powerful" to delete a package? and to rebuild
the package database?
I would recommend pkg_comp preparing binaries in chroot environment.
You can check if they are compiled and run perfectly.
And then pkg_chk to install all built binaries after everything is okay.

that looks a nice way to check that the package compiled is OK, but in this case i think that something is wrong wiith my actually installed packages. I want to remove them, but I do fail because even pkg_info fails, so I am wondering how I can remove of update the offending pacakeg cleanly.

Thanks though,