Re: ugly font when printing from firefox

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 10:45:09AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 08:08:36PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> >   [firefox bitmap-ish fonts]
> >
> > I have been seeing this on and off on multiple systems, running netbsd-4
> > and netbsd-5.  Systems with the same package binaries and system
> > binaries do and don't have the issue.  I did not figure it out.  But I
> > think it's not about the code, but about font config and caching.
>
> I see this as well on some sites.
> Can you identify the font in question? It might be a bit tricky if the page
> uses different css for printing, otherwise firebug offers great help looking
> up style details of parts of the web site.

It could be:
html, input, select, textarea {
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
}

I don't think the fonts are different for printing; I found some
print-only attributes in the CSS, but it's to show or hide part of the
page when printed. Nothing about the fonts.
Note that the fonts display properly in firefox, it's only when printing
the page that the problem show up (it's printed via the firefox print menu,
not a print link on the page)