Re: ath(4) AR9280 freeze / deadlock ?

On Thu 20.09.2012 23:17, Sébastien Bocahu wrote:

> I run NetBSD 6 RC1 on a soekris router. I recently added a TP-LINK TL-WN861N
> wireless board to create an AP. Since then, the whole system randomly freezes
> or
> crash. The router had been running without any problem for months (5.1 then 6
> beta and rc) before, so I believe the ath(4) driver causes this issue.
>
> Also, reception quality is very poor.
>
> Some facts:
>
> - Dmesg reports an Atheros AR9280 chip.
> - When the freeze happens, nothing shows up in either the logs nor the serial
>   console.
> - It seems that devices that are connected to the AP keep believing they are
> associated.
> - No core dump, ddb doesn't trigger.
> - The router has to be hard rebooted.
>
> Has anybody experienced same issues ?

Not with an Atheros AR9280 chip but with two cards based on the
Atheros AR5212/AR5213 chipset. The symptoms has been the same:
No log entries, no core dump, nothing. The system just freezed.

See this thread:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2012/06/25/msg010916.html

I'm not aware of any workarround or fix though.

  -Timo