NetBSD's sound system

Trying lately to install 4Front's Opensound drivers, I noticed, that
it's available for NetBSD 3.1 (on 5.1.2 installation failed). I
contacted the devs, and they wrote, that they aren't opposed to let
someone maintain the NetBSD-version:

#v+
  Unfortunately we have dropped support for NetBSD and OpenBSD
  completely. However the FreeBSD drivers are completely open source and
  if you know of people in the NetBSD community wishing to pick up
  OpenSound support, please point them to our website. We currently have
  no time to concentrate on NetBSD.
#v-

Maybe it would be good idea to completely replace the NetBSD's current
sound drivers with OpenSound? What do you think? It does support rich
set of sound cards.
--
regards,
Zbigniew