Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

> That was the confusing part, there wasn't anything wrong with the commands.
> The remains of the first run, and simply running the command a second time
> resolves the issue (albeit taking quite a while).

> *>How-To-Repeat:*
> mkdir /usr/netbsd-5-1-RC1
> cd /usr/netbsd-5-1-RC1
> cvs -qd anoncvs%anoncvs.netbsd.org@localhost:/cvsroot co -r netbsd-5-1-RC1 -P
> src
> cd ./src
> sh build.sh release && sh build.sh iso-image

> *>Fix:*
> run the command a second time:
> sh build.sh release && sh build.sh iso-image
> and it completes without error.

> as you can see I just used the default targets. There is some
> circular dependency (I guess) that has only caused me problems building a
> release from a fresh checkout. In the issue, David Holland gave some good
> info to focus the problem but I don't have a host or lab up now, so have
> not made a followup. Per discussions, I expect this is in 6 RC too.

> Regards,
> -George

I can't use all default targets, since I'm cross-compiling from FreeBSD, and
want to build for both i386 and amd64, meaning I need -m at the very least.

I don't really want iso-image, might want the USB-stick images for install
and for live image: available only for netbsd-6 and HEAD.

I don't know of any single command to build for both i386 and amd64, or if I
should use anything like -u when building for amd64 after i386 with the same
source tree.

Since the file system was messed up and required fsck_ffs to fix, I would
want to rerun "cvs up -dP" in netbsd-5 and pkgsrc directories in hope of
recapturing any files lost.  NetBSD 5.1_STABLE i386 crashed a few times;
going into and out of X is high-crash-risk.  I want to build modular-xorg
from pkgsrc in preference to native X.

I just did that (updated pkgsrc), but something was missing in
lang/ccsh/Entries and that update was skipped.  How to do cvs co in that
subdirectory only?

Tom