Re: usb stick install

* Thor Lancelot Simon (tls%panix.com@localhost) wrote:
> You may not need to go to all that trouble.  Most machines these days will
> boot from an ISO image on any USB stick -- just dd the ISO image onto the
> stick and see if that works.
>
> Thor
Sorry for being off-topic,
I'm not going to install the system with the USB stick.
But I only want to copy my files to/from USB stick.
I simply plug it (Verico USB 2.0); I got the followings.

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Generic Mass Storage, rev 2.00/1.01, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun failed: TIMEOUT
umass0: unable to get Max Lun: TIMEOUT

It can be mounted r/w on FreeBSD 7+.
But I just cannot mount it on NetBSD.
Should I re-compile the kernel and how?
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

pongthep@netbsd:~% uname -a
NetBSD netbsd.localdomain 6.0_RC2 NetBSD 6.0_RC2 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Sep 19
19:46:32 ICT 2012
root@netbsd.localdomain:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie