Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

* James K. Lowden (jklowden%schemamania.org@localhost) wrote:
> I use nohup(1) for anything like that.
>
>       $ nohup ./build.sh ... > build.log || less build.log
>
> That captures both output streams in build.log and displays it if it
> fails.
>
> HTH.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Normally I only use script(1) or tee(1).
But this time script(1) fails to log a very large file. (I think)
The total system was just hanged, once I pressed CTRL-D to exit from the script.
It is very good to have nohup(1).
By the way, I must call /usr/bin/nohup; I'm using tcsh.

Nevertheless, I have just completed installing 6.0_RC1 from the iso image.
Is my previous log file sufficient for your diagnostics?
If not, I shall reproduce the error messages from building userland again.
Please let me know.

--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie