Re: Latest NetBSD 6.0_RC1

On 8/19/2012 9:29 AM, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Scott Ellis wrote:

On 8/19/2012 9:02 AM, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Dave Tyson wrote:

Just CVS'ed up and built a GENERIC kernel for  6.0_RC1 on i386. The
build
reported no errors, but the resulting kernel crashes very early on and
reboots
the machine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mine boots and runs but apache24 won't start because of missing
SSL_SESSION_get_compress_id. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I believe the issue is that until the most recent OpenSSL 1.0.1
import, Apache incorrectly thought it could use the (new to Apache
2.4.x) public OpenSSL API.  Unfortunately, the one shipped with NetBSD
doesn't support SSL_SESSION_get_compress_id, despite the version
number implying it can.

Solutions are to either update to -current (as of a week or so ago),
or to tell Apache to use the old OpenSSL interface at configure time.

Are you sure about that? openssl is 1.0.1c on both and the symbol
exists. I even remember getting this fixed in pkgsrc. I wonder if the
version bot bumped but SSL_SESSION_get_compress_id still isn't
supported?

Pretty sure.

modssl wants to use SSL_SESSION_get_compress_id based on OPENSSL_NO_SSL_INTERN, which is based on the version number OpenSSL reports.

On my system, I get:
Intrepid% grep get_compress_id OLD/libssl.so.9.0
Intrepid% grep get_compress_id libssl.so.10.0
Binary file libssl.so.10.0 matches

With the older OpenSSL in -current, I had to tell Apache it was okay to use the OpenSSL internal functions, to get around the issue.

        ScottE