Re: Can't eject CD even after unmounting

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:37:12PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Seems I can't eject a CD, with eject command or with device button, even
> after unmounting it.

I've had this problem with the wonderfully braindead dbus, or more precisely,
with the wonderfully braindead hal, which thinks it may hold my netbsd system
in a stranglehold from time to time. Stopping hal/dbus (who uses gnome apps
anyways, eh?) fixed the problem for me in the past. There might even be an
open PR ...