Re: Filesystems in NetBSD

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Lukas Laukamp <lukas%laukamp.me@localhost>
wrote:
> Am 05.08.2012 22:58, schrieb sergei karhof:
>>
>> Hi, I am new to NetBSD, so forgive me if this question has been asked
>> many times.
>>
>> Which are the better supported filesystems in NetBSD, and what is
>> their current status (practical usability)? I am especially interested
>> in filesystems like BtrFS and ZFS. In case these two are not yet
>> supported, what NetBSD-supported filesystem comes closest to them?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Serg
>
> Hello Sergei,
>
> a ZFS port is available on NetBSD but it's in a beta state. See this page
> for further information: http://wiki.netbsd.org/users/haad/porting_zfs/
>
> Best Regards

Thanks, Lukas.

For the time being, I am thinking that until ZFS or BtrFS are fully
tested and ready on NetBSD, it may be wiser to stick with a filesystem
that is ready and mature. So I am turning my attention to NetBSD's
native filesystem.

Can someone tell me if the native NetBSD filesystem has a good support
for Extended Attributes? In particular, what are the limitations to
the maximum size that can be taken up by the extended attributes of a
file?

Thanks