Re: double dk(4) (3TB drives in RAID)

  I have 2 3TB drives and got them work with gpt and dkctl as I found in
  internet sources. However as I understand the only way to create 3TB
  RAID-1 partition is to get gpt on /dev/raid device. I just want to be
  sure - I gonna to have such a sandwitch: ffs - dk2 - raid - dk1&dk0 -
  physical devices.

That seems like the normal way to do it.  If it doesn't work I'd say
it's a bug.

  Is it working solution and there is no way to put filesystem over raw
  raid device for example?

I think that could work.

  Or maybe to put raid device on physical devices.

I don't think that works with autoconfig.

I am pretty sure you can't boot from gpt.

  More than that, I've tried to complete this setup and got a problem:
  [root@crux ~]$ gpt create raid7
  [root@crux ~]$ gpt add -b 128 raid7
  [root@crux ~]$ dkctl raid7 addwedge storage3 128 5860532703 4.2BSD
  [root@crux ~]$ gpt show raid7
             0           1         PMBR
             1           1         Pri GPT header
             2          32         Pri GPT table
            34          94
           128  5860532703      1  GPT part - NetBSD FFSv1/FFSv2
    5860532831          32         Sec GPT table
    5860532863           1         Sec GPT header

  [root@crux ~]$ newfs -b64k -O2 dk2
  newfs: /dev/rdk2 partition type is not `4.2BSD'

I think you could either:

  use /dev/raid7d for a fs without a label/gpt

  use a different type.  My 2T disk with gpt (no raid) is:
          64  3907024799      1  GPT part - NetBSD UFS/UFS2
  and I don't follow the different