question about make cleandir | cat /usr/src/UPDATING

Hello,

At the moment I am building the userland of netbsd-6 and began to read /usr/src/UPDATING. It seems like most of the entries have something to do with cleaning directories.

On FreeBSD, the recommendation is to go directly to /usr/src and run 'make cleandir && make cleandir'. Perhaps running it twice is not required, but I do not care- better to run an extra command than botch a build.

So perhaps exactly what I am asking:

- is there a simple way to clean all directories for the userland?
- is it different if running X?
- are there even other commands for the kernel?

Thank you,
Darrel