Re: creating a bridge in NetBSD?

                        Hi,

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 12:15:46 -0400, David Wetzel wrote:

> whats the recommended way of bridging 2 interfaces on the same machine
> running NetBSD? [...]
>
> vr1 and ath0 should be bridged and share the same network.

Typically, you'll simply do:
# ifconfig bridge0 create
# brconfig bridge0 add vr1 add ath0 up

And it should just work. Set this in /etc/ifconfig.bridge0 if you want it
to survive reboots:
=== BEGIN ===
create
!brconfig $int add vr1 add ath0 up

In this case you'll find ifconfig.if(5) useful for more information.

In your situation though, you're trying to bridge an Ethernet network
with a wireless, 802.11 network, and I think this simply cannot work as-
is. ARP proxying might help, but I don't know how this works on NetBSD.

HTH,
--
khorben