Re: ifwatchd - howto choose cable/wifi

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 11:48:27AM +0200, herbert langhans wrote:
> Thanks, I will get clear with it now. It's not that simple though. There
> is some space for improvement for future releases of NetBSD, I think. It
> were great to have some simple method via /etc/default.

I used to run a setup with complex scripts and ifwatchd on my notebook,
probing various fixed IPs and link state on the ethernet, etc.

However, nowadays I would not repeat this setup, but instead teach
wpa_supplicant about all wlans I'm interested in (and if we update to a
newer version to just ignore a few of them), and then run dhcpcd on
everything - this seems to automagically do the right thing (tm) [based
on routing socket messages and interface media type].

Martin