Re: ifwatchd - howto choose cable/wifi

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 08:22:38PM +0200, Daniel Horecki wrote:

> >> Something like this:
> >> http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/bx/blosxom.cgi/nb_20070816_1133.html
> >> Regards
> >> Daniel Horecki
> >
> > Yes and no. I have found it before, but it is with all the WPA-things
> > in. I have just an open Wifi with DHCP - there might be a simple
> > solution, but I dont get it how to plug the things together ...
> > Cheers
> > herb langhans
> >

> wpa_supplicant could be used to connect to wifi network with WPA, WEP or no
> encryption.
> But you can replace wpa_supplicant startup with ifconfig commands in scripts.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Daniel Horecki
> http://morr.pl http://linux.pl http://netbsd.pl http://netbsd.org
> HAIL ERIS!
> BOFH since 1999.

Aha - this 'ifwatchd_flags="-c somescript.sh -n otherscript.sh' what is in rc.d
decides,
what connection is active and passes the further configuration things to
the script. In the script I will use ifconfig ipw0, for example.

dhclient=YES from rc.d will stay like that? And it applies for either
interface what ifwatchd dedects? Is this the correct logics?

Thanks!
herb langhans