Re: /etc/ttys | kermit

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012, Dave Huang wrote:

On Jul 9, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Darrel wrote:

Hello,

This is my first time trying to use kermit on NetBSD.  I am getting an error
about 'set line'.

I have tried 'set line /dev/tty00' and 'set line /dev/ttyu00'.

What kind of system are you on, and what kind of serial port are you trying to
use? NetBSD's tty names don't seem to be very consistent between ports. E.g.,
on i386, the standard PC COM ports are tty00 and tty01. But on alpha, COM ports
are ttyC0 and ttyC1.

Assuming you're on i386 or amd64, there's no ttyu00, but maybe you mean ttyU0,
which would be a USB modem or serial port (ucom)?

--

This is an old Windows98 Dell. I got /dev/ttyu00 from some FreeBSD configuration- not sure why, just found it from web searches. It matches up with FreeBSD9.

/dev/tty00 is proper. .kermitrc needed a change from #!/usr/local/pkg/kermit to #!/usr/pkg/bin/kermit

Thanks!
Darrel