Re: ls output with color?

I bet nobody would ever dare to colorize the (almost) last really
pure Unix. It anyway won't work with all the different systems NetBSD
runs on.

Though - I use colorls now on my server. Just to see the directories
better, it looks good in white and green.

But colors by default should rather be left to the penguins, I agree!

herb langhans

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:56:51AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Michael Jensen <>
> wrote:
> > Another +1 to that. I hate ANSI colours in any standard command. Keep it
> > simple.
> There are people who prefer monochrome output of commands.
> Personally, I prefer coloful prompt and output of make, configure, ls and so
> on
> because colors helps me to do my job better. And there are people like me.
> Colors implemented *inside* of ls, make and others like GNU does
> is really stupid idea and nobody is tries to do this in NetBSD.
> So, what's the problem?

sprachtraining langhans
herbert langhans, warschau
+0048 603 341 441