Re: Connection reset by peer

2012/5/9, Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>:
> On Wed, May 9, 2012, at 04:02, Edgar Rodolfo wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, this is a network problem, not a pkg_add problem.
>> >
>> > "Connection reset"  means that your pkg_add has sent packets for a
>> > TCP connection that was already there in a different state, or that
>> > didn't exist (... anymore).
>> >
>> > I'd guess that your machine changed its public address while that
>> > connection was active, or that your NAT box or your firewall box
>> > dropped its record of the connection in between.
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. It could be, but i remember that i tried other
>> things, e.g. ping -c4 www.yahoo.com or another thing, it was working,
>> i don't believe that my network is the problem, but i understand many
>> things and it could be a possibility...
>
> That only proves that you can make connections to remote servers.  We
> already knew that, because pkg_add did not complain about being unable
> to connect to the ftp server.  It complained that, after you connected,
> the connection was reset (i.e. dropped).  Ignatios has suggested a
> couple of reasons why that might happen.
>
> Are you behind a NAT?  Are you behind a firewall?  The next time it

Router (isp give me the device), but i currently have other operating
system, e.g. FreeBSD, OpenBSD and GNU/Linux, the connection to install
software is normal (using pkg_add or another package manager), but
with NetBSD the connection is dropping if i don't use inmediatly
pkg_add,  but if i use inmediately is normal, it was my question my
friends.

Not special firewall is only router...

I love NetBSD i will continue to use the operating system! regards!

> happens, you could also check whether your DHCP lease was renewed and

i put static ip, ifconfig.wm0

--
Edguitar ;)
http://bsdguy.blogspot.com