Re: Would you recommend NetBSD for??

For a server you need it? Go for it!

I had the same question last summer. Not sure wheter FreeBSD or NetBSD
is the right choice for my new internet server (some Asus-Board with
just a harddisk in a nice 19' case. I took NetBSD 5.1 for its clear
design though I was sceptic about the smaller amount of pkg-apps.

It was sure the right choice. Perfectly stable (filesystem, daemons,
restarting of services and so on), downsized to the necessary and very
true to the real thing - to Unix.

You will like the /etc and rc.d stuff, also the structure of the
/usr/pkg and /usr/pkg/etc - its all as it should be. Especially for
servers - NetBSD is great to keep the system clean and lean. Its well
worth the effort to get into the real thing. And I sure dont miss my
my former Linux server ...

Good luck with your project!
herb langhans

--