Re: asterisk: module load warnings

jnemeth%victoria.tc.ca@localhost schrieb:

>On Aug 29,  4:18pm, Mayuresh wrote:
>}
>} Tried this with comm/asterisk18 as well as comm/asterisk10.
>}
>} On launching asterisk, the log file shows a number of warnings about
>not
>} being able to load modules. General pattern of the warnings is as
>follows:
>}
>} [Apr  8 21:37:54] WARNING[18938] loader.c: Module 'chan_oss.so' does
>not
>} provide a description.

This is "typical" for misconfigured asterisk setups.

>} [Apr  8 21:37:54] WARNING[18938] loader.c: Module 'chan_oss.so' could
>not
>} be loaded.
>}
>} From the messages (first one), I don't think it's a problem with
>finding
>} the module. Also checked that in asterisk.conf the modules directory
>path
>} is correct.
>}
>} Is there anything else missing in the setup?

Did you really need the complaining/ed modules?

If yes, check if they are configured as required and blow up debug and verbose
level.

i.e. oss is just available/working on platforms with chan_oss support and a
working oss config yet.

A usual way to configure asterisk is to generally "unload" all modules in the
asterisk config and just load that modules you need explicitely.

hth
cheers,

Niels.
- --