Re: Abrupt restarts with ACPI enabled on NetBSD-5.1.2-amd64 GENERIC Kernel

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 06:54:01AM -0700, Justin Smith wrote:
> > Can you perhaps try NetBSD 6.0_BETA?
>
> Well I compiled 700 odd packages and doing this again will consume
> time. If pkgsrc doesn't need to stay in sync with kernel, I am willing
> to build 6.0_BETA and give it a go.

You can just try a NetBSD 6.0_BETA kernel with your existing userland
and packages. If it works better you should update userland as well.

You can keep the old package until you want to recompile one of them
or install new ones. At that point of time you need replace them all.

        Kind regards