Badly need help : Microhpone not working

I am only one step short of switching to NetBSD as my primary desktop OS.
After a few months of usage I am pretty comfortable and largely satisfied
with the OS.

One thing that still doesn't work is microphone. So no voip, no recording
possible. This keeps me from being on NetBSD all the time and making it my
primary OS.

I have posted a mail before that gives hardware details and other mixer
settings etc:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2012/02/28/msg019282.html

I have also logged a PR:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=46114

Thought at least a few other users must be facing such issue. So a bit
surprising that the list is completely silent on this issue.

If it is a known issue and is unlikely to be fixed in 6.0, please let me
know the bad news as well ;-)

Mayuresh.