Re: 6.0_BETA: iwn0: choppy experience

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 09:34:42AM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:30:53PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> >
> > Observations so far point to something wrong with wifi driver iwn0 or any
> > other components it might be depending on. On 5.1, I am certain, it worked
> > pretty smoothly.
> >

> But you said that you have a similar problem with Linux which seems to
> point to something other than the NetBSD drivers.

Hang on, did I write so? I do not have choppiness problem with Linux. The
"router hanging problem" that I had on Linux is different. That I
explained on a separate thread. These two are completely separate issues.

> > If there is any objective measure to express the issue please let me know.
> >

> You said that your wireless router is old, this can be a factor.  I had

See, using the same router, I don't face "choppiness" problem as explained
on any other OS including NetBSD 5.1 and Linux (Fedora, Maemo).

If I use wired connection to the same router I don't face "choppiness"
problem on 6.0_BETA either.

I am fully convinced that router is not playing any role in the
"choppiness" problem. To give you that confidence, I'll use my mobile's 3G
connection via USB (no router in picture) tonight and confirm.

Mayuresh.