Re: 6.0_BETA: iwn0: choppy experience

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:30:53PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:

> Observations so far point to something wrong with wifi driver iwn0 or any
> other components it might be depending on. On 5.1, I am certain, it worked
> pretty smoothly.

But you said that you have a similar problem with Linux which seems to
point to something other than the NetBSD drivers.

> If there is any objective measure to express the issue please let me know.

You said that your wireless router is old, this can be a factor.  I had
an old wireless router, when I was just running NetBSD on my laptop the
wireless was fine there were no pauses at all *but* when I bought my
partner a new laptop whenever she used it the wireless network would
hitch and pause for both of us.  It took me a long time to realise we
did have a problem and even longer to work out what was causing it.  In
the end I replaced the old wireless router with a modern one and the
problems with the wireless network vanished.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: