Re: Problem with Xen domU

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, Max León wrote:
It should be quite straight forward, the problem is my VM ran out of space
so I want to attach another virtual device to expand the LVM.
This is the procedure I followed:
Create the virtual drive:  dd if=/dev/zero
of=/path/to/vm/folder/newdrive.img bs=1025k seek=25600 count=1

This has created a sparse file. You don't say what version of NetBSD you are running, but using sparse files with vnd(4) was not supported until a couple of months ago (change has been pulled up to netbsd-5, but is not in 5.1.2).

Edit the cfg file:
Originally:
disk = [ 'file:/home/vms/run/openbravo/openbravo.img,xvda,w', ]

Now:
disk = [
       'file:/home/vms/run/openbravo/openbravo.img,xvda,w',
       'file:/home/vms/run/openbravo/openbravo2.img,xvdb,w',
      ]

I start the VM and I get these:
Buffer I/O error on device xvdb, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device xvdb, logical block 1
Buffer I/O error on device xvdb, logical block 2
Buffer I/O error on device xvdb, logical block 3

Same error from fdisk.

Any ideas will be more than welcome.

Cheers,

Max