Re: 6.0 + Thinkpad T61 = instant reboot. And now?

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 08:26:08AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> You are not using the same object directory as before without cleaning
> it out, are you?

Maybe I was. I cleaned up, updated, built again with separate
directories and then it worked fine. Then again, I believe I did
that before, too, and it wasn't working fine. I forgot to keep
buildlogs with timestamps on as I usually do...

One thing that bothers me though is that I was building with -r.
A second glance at help shows that it nukes TOOL and
DESTDIR. Maybe it should nuke OBJDIR, too. I didn't use -u. Make
cleandir should have been run for everything. I *should* be able
to re-use the same objdir without trouble. But then again, in theory
I should be able to run -u -o after completed once without
updating the source and it should do nothing. ...which brings me
to believe that the Makefile dependencies are just not what they
should be anyways...