Installing NetBSD 5.1.2 in eeepc 701

Hi all

I'm trying to install NetBSD in my eeepc and I'm kinda stuck :-S

I'm following the Guide and I'm using the memstick image to do the installation.

Specifically, I'm stuck at "3.10 Choosing the installation media"

I was under the assumption that I could use the "CD-ROM / DVD option"
(even though I'm using a usb drive) -> sysinst tells me I'm just being
silly and that I can't mount /dev/cd0a (the usb drive) as a cd9660
filesystem.

Next I tried the "Unmounted fs" option. I tried again /dev/cd0a as an
ffs  filesystem. Again mount failed.

Another issue is my network. "ifconfig -a" lists two devices, lii0 and
ath0 (besides the loopback lo0). However, lii0 has "status: no
carrier" with the ethernet cable plugged in. TBH, I found this odd :-)

dmesg and grep give me:

lii0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0: Attansic/Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet
lii0: Ethernet address <my MAC address>
lii0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17
ukphy at lii0 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface
ath0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0
ath0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
ath0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ath0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps
24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: mac 12.2 phy 7.0 radio 10.2
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 5)
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 4)
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 3)
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 2)

I assume these mean that the kernel recognized the devices properly. I
prefered not to have to recompile/patch a kernel, but I won't shy from
it either. Regarding ath0, I'm not entirely sure on how to configure
it to use my home wifi connection (WPA2).

So:
 - I can't use my installation media.
 - I'm currently unable to use any of my network devices.

I could use some help :-). Specific instructions would be nice.
Pointers to documentation or threads in this list would be nice as
well. Actually, how can I search the archives?