Re: 5.1.2 hangs up

On 13 February 2012 09:06, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost> wrote:

[snip]

> The problem is accessing the file system.
> For example, "ls -la /srv" stalls (/srv is a mount point),
> ls process cannot be killed by sending SIGINT, SIGTERM and other
> signals.

Do you see anything in the dmesg?

Are your cables okay? I had exactly this situation which turned out to
be a failing SATA cable. (I think heat induced movement was causing it
to fail every so often.) It was so intermittent that a reboot would
'fix' it.

It was marked by lots of lost interrupts in the dmesg relating to the
sata channel.

Cheers,

Ian