Re: NetBSD mail client

In article <20278.38451.7795.842762%gargle.gargle.HOWL@localhost>,
Brook Milligan <brook%biology.nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
>I have to manage thousands of email messages in my inbox and am
>looking for a mail client that will handle this well.  Every one I
>have tried so far maintains the messages in mbox format, which leads
>to massively large files even when split apart into various folders.
>I think it would be better if the messages were managed by the client
>in maildir format instead so that each message is a single file.

I suggest mail/mutt-devel.  Make sure to enable the hcache option when
compiling it; this adds a patch to cache the headers from a mailbox,
making it much faster to start and switch folders.

Regards,
--
        -- river.                      | Free Usenet: http://news.rt.uk.eu.org/
Non-Reciprocal Laws of Expectations:   | PGP: 2B9CE6F2