Re: Support of VIA VT6421A or Silicon Image SiI0680A chipsets

Hello,

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:50:01 -0800
Soren Jacobsen <snj%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2012, at 4:01 AM, Jarmo Jaakkola wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'd like to know if anyone has experiences on PATA adapters based on
> >    VIA VT6421A
> > or
> >    Silicon Image SiI0680A
> > chipsets.
> >
> > What I managed to find from viaide(4) manual page is that the VIA chipset
> > requires that the disks have been configured into RAID or JBOD, which I
> > do not want.  I want to access the individual disks.

I've got this in a G4 mac running -current:
viaide0 at pci2 dev 3 function 0: VIA Technologies VT6421 Serial ATA RAID
Controller (rev. 0x50)
viaide0: bus-master DMA support present
viaide0: using irq 53 for native-PCI interrupt
atabus2 at viaide0 channel 0
Disks show up as individual wd*, the 'raid' bit is purely by software.

have fun
Michael