Re: Embedded NetBSD USB

On Jan 12, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Denis Brockus wrote:

> I have a development board with a Synopsys USB 2.0 OTG core attached to it.

Is that Synopsys EHCI compliant core or the non-EHCI one?  If its the latter, I
feel your pain.

> I want to use the USB in an embedded manner for audio etc. (mostly in
> peripheral mode) and not as part of a host computer.  Can someone point me in
> the right direction to either finding some documentation on doing this or
> sample drivers... Anything would be helpful.

So you want to "act" as a USB audio device?  Plug your device into a USB host
and have it attach as a USB audio deivce?

Or do you want to attach a USB audio device and have it discovered and used?

The NetBSD USB stack is a host-only stack.  Why there are several systems that
could act in USB device mode, they do their own things when it comes to device
mode.