Re: xterm's just like being cut

On 16 December 2011 09:01, matthew sporleder <>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM, wolf python london
> <> wrote:
>> Hey , list
>> I have a fresh installation of  NetBSD 5.1(with pkgsrc-2011Q3). Xterm
>> here is just like being cut, which I mean cannot show the whole stuff
>> of stdout.
>> Here is the screenshot
>> 1)** **  is the default
>> config (I didn't config anything of xterm myself)
>> 2)** **  **
>> **
>> are my config , I just want to use the DejaVu Sans Mono font.
>> netbsd$ cat ~/.Xdefaults-xterm
>> xterm*faceName: DejaVu Sans Mono
>> As you can see, to simplify the complexity, I only config the font. I
>> do install the DejaVu Sans Mono font.
>> netbsd$ fc-list | grep -i dejavu
>> DejaVu Serif,DejaVu Serif Condensed:style=Condensed,Book
>> DejaVu Serif,DejaVu Serif Condensed:style=Condensed Bold Italic,Bold Italic
>> DejaVu Serif,DejaVu Serif Condensed:style=Condensed Bold,Bold
>> DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed Oblique,Oblique
>> DejaVu Sans Mono:style=Bold Oblique
>> DejaVu Serif:style=Bold Italic
>> DejaVu Sans:style=Bold Oblique
>> DejaVu Sans:style=Oblique
>> DejaVu Sans Mono:style=Oblique
>> DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed Bold Oblique,Bold Oblique
>> DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Light:style=ExtraLight
>> DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed,Book
>> DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed Bold,Bold
>> DejaVu Serif,DejaVu Serif Condensed:style=Condensed Italic,Italic
>> DejaVu Sans:style=Bold
>> DejaVu Sans:style=Book
>> DejaVu Serif:style=Italic
>> DejaVu Sans Mono:style=Book
>> DejaVu Sans Mono:style=Bold
>> DejaVu Serif:style=Book
>> DejaVu Serif:style=Bold
>> Emacs-X has this problem too(
>> Any idea? Thanks  in advance!
> What happens when you resize the window?

resizing the windows doesn't fix this problem, thou. Xterm(or emacs-X)
is still just being like cut,
the only diefference is the area being cut.
If I change font (default font not Dejavu font) size of xterm (by
C-right mouse), it can show the words correctly.
But the default font is ugly.

BTW, urxvt(rxvt-unicode) here is fine. I can use the Bitsream font in
urxvt(haven't test the DejaVu font in urxvt).

Yes, I use Debian GNU/L
wolf python london(WPL)
Do as you soul should do !