Re: xterm's just like being cut

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:11:09PM +0800, wolf python london wrote:
> Hey , list
>
> I have a fresh installation of  NetBSD 5.1(with pkgsrc-2011Q3). Xterm
> here is just like being cut, which I mean cannot show the whole stuff
> of stdout.

The first thing to check is the X server and add-ons.
compiz (similar) are the current usual suspects.

I've also seen some comments (unsure if it's connected with compiz)
about breakage in an X library call - look for discussion of XCopyArea
in xorg discussion.

Amusingly enough, Parallels 6 on Mac OS X does the same sort of thing
for xterm, rxvt, emacs, etc., if the machine is in a window rather than
full-screen.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey%invisible-island.net@localhost>
http://invisible-island.net