Updating vs. device major/minor number assymetry

[ long description of setup and problems deleted ]

In case it hasn't been mentioned recently, if you've been running
port-i386 on a 64-bit-capable machine and decide to manually update
it to port-amd64...

  don't forget to re-run 'MAKEDEV all' in the /dev directory!

device major and minor numbers are not all the same between ports.

I suspect this also applies to other ports with compatible ISA but
differing maximum data/address widths (sparc/sparc64, others?).