Re: NetBSD cross tools

christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) writes:

> In article <rmiaa7xv995.fsf%fnord.ir.bbn.com@localhost>,
> Greg Troxel  <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>>-=-=-=-=-=-
>>
>>  I've built NetBSD using 'build.sh -m sparc64 ... build' command and now
>>  want to compile applications for sparc64 using cross-tools sitting on my
>>  x86_64. Typescript is below.  As far as I can see SYSROOT is not set in
>>  crosscompiler by default and linking fails due to this. Is this normal
>>  behaviour? Is there a way to specify SYSROOT using environment variable?
>>
>>Yes, I think this is normal for NetBSD cross tools.   Some people at BBN
>>have done something similar and we used wrapper scripts that insert
>>sysroot options.
>
> Use the nbmake-<arch> make wrapper.

That only works for things that use BSD make; it doesn't provide a
generic cross environment for random third-party code.

Also, it doesn't support three simultaneous destdirs, one for NetBSD
proper, one for pre-built binary packages for pkgsrc, and one for the
other code being built directly out of a version control system
checkout.
One can't drop random files in the NetBSD DESTDIR, since then checkflist
fails on the next build.