Re: Missing dependency in emulators/vice?

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 5:15 PM, "Anders Lindgren"
<ali%df.lth.se@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> > - Does moving /usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-* into a temporary directory
> >   (hiding them from the build) allow emulators/vice to build
> >   properly? This isn't a fix, but it will help narrow down the
> >   problem.
>
> Spot on! This worked around the problem. Temporarily hiding them and
> rebuilding vice from a clean dir finished successfully, picking up
> libpixman from pkgsrc instead.

Good.  Assuming this is the same problem as last year (always a
dangerous assumption ...), it looks like something in the buildlink
infrastructure messes up the order of the libraries in the linker
invocation (/usr/pkg/lib should always be searched before
/usr/X11R7/lib).  I'm afraid I don't know enough about the pkgsrc
internals to be of much further help, but hopefully someone more
experienced is reading this and can join the bug-hunt.

-- IDL