Re: tracking pkgsrc current: dbus

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:52:32PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> David Lord wrote:
> >On 16 Sep 2011 at 11:36, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>while updating dbus ("make update") I get:
> >>
> >>gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> >>`/usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/dbus/work/dbus-1.2.4.6permissive'
> >>=>  Automatic manual page handling
> >>===>  Building binary package for dbus-1.2.4.6nb4
> >>=>  Creating binary package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/dbus-1.2.4.6nb4.tgz
> >>===>  Install binary package of dbus-1.2.4.6nb4
> >>pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with dbus-1.2.4.6nb3: bin/dbus-cleanup-sockets
> >>pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
> >>*** Error code 1
> >>

> >>what can I do? dbus is no longer registered in pkg_info, so I cannot
> >>remove it pwith pkg_delete.
> >>
> >>I couldn't find anything useful on the net...
> >I've had a problem with updates and although
> >previous version had been deleted there were still
> >packages depending on the previous versions.
> >Pkg_info will give the dependencies and you can
> >pkg_delete any that still depend on previous
> >version of dbus.
> >
> But here it looks like dbus is conflicting with itself (or its own
> previous version) and not with another package, right?
>
> Riccardo

I think that you tried to "make update" for a leaf package and this
package depends on dbus, but dbus had to be updated to?

I have found that if you want to use "make update" then you better find
the package that all other packages depends on and do "make update" for
that package. "make update" removes the package in question and all
packages that depend on it and updates all of them.

The way I would solve your current problem is to "make update" for dbus
and all should be well. If dbus doesn't depend on another package that
needs to be updated that is.

Regards,

Jimmy
--
If you don't shoot the bearers of bad news, people will keep bringing it to you.