Re: valgrind on NetBSD from pkgsrc?

On 2011/9/16 14:23, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2011 2:10 PM, "H Xu"<xusubsc%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
I know there is a valgrind NetBSD port and I use pkgin to search for the
package, but pkgin told me that there is no such package. However, when
I search through google, there are valgrind pkgsrc build logs, and some
other pages has shown that there is a valgrind package in pkgsrc called
valgrind-2.4.0nb1. I was confused and could anyone tell me that whether
I can obtain valgrind from pkgsrc?

valgrind is in pkgsrc, but no precompiled binary packages of it are
available.  Since pkgin only knows how to handle precompiled binary
packages, it can't help you with the installation.  Assuming you have
the pkgsrc tree on your system the simplest way of installing valgrind
is to compile it from source as follows:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/valgrind
make&&  make install

if that works, you can clean up all the intermediate files produced
during
the compilation with:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/valgrind
make clean cleandepends

Thanks for your help. I'll build vagrind by myself.

H Xu.