Re: Acer Aspire One - keyboard not working

Hi Stefano & list.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Stefano Marinelli
<postnet%dragas.dyndns.org@localhost> wrote:

> Il giorno 08/set/2011, alle ore 00I just tried that.  Keyboard works, but
> hangs as soon as I touch the touchpad.
>>
>> Does it attach the touchpad as a mouse?
>
> No, I think they share the same controller and the touchpad is able to "hang"
> it completely.

I am not sure if my observations on my "Emachine 625" - which is a
cheap version of some Acer
procuct - has anything to do with your problem.

On my laptop, the _touchpad_ froze.  The warrant-period was still
valid, and I could hand it in
for repair..  The workshop claimed that they had to change 1) the
controller, 2) the touchpad,
and finally 3) the motherboard to get the thing running.

Your problem _might_ be some race-condition in the hardware. Perhaps
certain combinations
of some series numbers.

I do not think that my story helps a lot.  I was never a hardware man,
so I could not give
you any advice on how to cope with mixed hardware/software problems.

Good luck with the problem.

Hans