Re: Ports & Packages infrastructure & feature import. (fwd)

I wish I could have more time playing with the source code. However,
my spare time is small -- like so many people who play with BSDs --
and I just don't have the skills and time to write a fix a bug in an area
I'm unfamiliar  with. I just rely on others to make good commits in the
those areas.

With such a large developement source tree , it's difficult for developers
hacking
on netbsd in their spare time to shoulder every responsibility. If users
have a slightest interest in netbsd, they have to at least run
netbsd-current,
report bugs, test patches, etc..

If netbsd-current is less volatile, I could send in my diffs and ask users
who have those devices to test and report any breakage,and there wouldn't
be any need for re-adjustment of my diffs.

NetBSD has demonstrated a strong ability to improve itself. Participation in
google-SoC,
a huge commit activity for 4.0 release, public developer hackathons are just
some of the really nice things.

I'm sure it can take things further by improving upon the quality of
netbsd-current,
and allow more contributors/users to hack/test it.

--
`` Real men run current !''