"set -m" stalls shell when run in a new process group

Hello,

I am not sure what the right behavior is here, but I am seeing this with /bin/sh and /bin/ksh but not bash.

I have a program (atf) that spawns a child process and sets the child process to run in its own process group. This child process spawns a shell and the shell script that it runs does "set -m".

At this point, the shell blocks. In the case of /bin/sh, the block happens at the "killpg(0, SIGTTIN);" line.

What is the expected behavior of this? Are sh and ksh correct in stalling, or is bash? Is this a bug? (If the latter, I'll be glad to file a PR and add a test case.)

Thanks.