Re: Current (from 11-aug-2011) fails booting

On 8/12/2011 12:54 AM, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM, thilo <thilo%nispuk.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>  I cvs-upped my kernel and it stopped booting now.
>> It looks like it crashed immediatly after printing loading ffs.
>> below is the console output:
>>
>>  I tried a rebuild of everything and used GENERIC, MONOLITHIC &
>> install-kernel
>> ( with and without acpi,....) all with the same early crash.
> I think the GENERIC kernel doesn't go into the debugger. You should
> try to build with this option uncommented:
>
> options        DDB_ONPANIC=1   # see also sysctl(8): `ddb.onpanic'
>
> Then when it's at the db prompt maybe someone can figure it out.
Thank's that would be an option if the kernel would get past the
copyright message.
To debug it, I would only see a kgdb session possible.
My question was more directed at: Has anything inside the startup code
of the system changed?
I am booting from a raid partition and AFAIK my build system is clean
and working.
With previous kernels my system was suffering lots with the interrupt
routing in the acpi area.
And since some work went in there, maybe no one had tested the kernel on
AMD & VIA K8M890?

I assume I'm the only one with boot problems right now?

thilo

> Andy

begin:vcard
fn:Thilo Jeremias