Re: hostname

Hi Mark.

You are not very specific in your questions.  On the other hand, your request
have been around for almost 24 hours withour anyone of us have heard more.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Julian Fagir <gnrp%komkon2.de@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I haven't installed NetBSD yet, I'm trying to configure the network. It
>> says 'no route to host' I think I need a valid hostname. Can you help me?
> 'no route to host' is not about dns issues, but about networking. Are you
> sure you configured your network and your gateway right?
>
> Regards, Julian

It is probably your network configuration.  I can only say, what I do:
My /etc/myname says:
             pluto
my /etc/dhclient.conf says:
            :interface "re0" {
             send host-name "pluto";
            }
This functions because my network interface - delivered by my
provider . is also my name server.

My other hosts (sometimes running windows, sometimes running NetBSD,
have other names (planetsolor moone in the solar system)

I do not know if this helps.

Kind regards
Hans